To straight or not to straight

Making the decision to grow out natural hair is a big step. Actually doing it, is an even bigger step. But the burning question I often hear-

How do I make the transition?

For many of us, we hold on every piece of relaxed hair until we reach that breaking point. Then ensues the "BIG CHOP". Then there are those who continue to straighten there hair until there desired natural length. So which is the better strategy?

I asked leading experts in natural haircare, and I found that basically it depends on what's more important to you. From my experience, growing natural hair with minimal straightening is the best way to maintain curl definition. Over straightening can leave uneven, stringy curls-I know from experience! So keep in mind your ultimate goal-if you want even curls-you may want to avoid straightening too often.
0 Responses:

Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments