You Asked...Urbancurlz Answered!


Q. I am a professional business woman with natural hair, but I wear my hair straight in fear of being looked upon as unprofessional by my co-workers. Do you have any suggestions for styles where I can incorporate my natural texture but still blend into my corporate environment?


A. This is a touchy subject as many people have different views on this very topic. It was only a month or so when Glamour Magazine's associate editor spoke to a group of lawyers about the do's and don'ts of corporate fashion and displayed the above picture that said "Say no to Fro" Full Story. So as much as I want say, "Girl, wear your hair any way you want!"-I can't. I must admit, there are still people out there who are uneducated about natural hair. Personally, I have chosen the love me or leave me path, but I realize not everyone has that luxury. With that said, when choosing how to wear your hair, it is important to always consider the environment. There is a time and place for everything. Start off safely by choosing styles that are professional such as a rod set or an updo. Yes, you can rod natural hair and wear updo's-these are two beautiful styles on natural hair.

Artist Janelle Monae is my updo muse. When wearing this style, I avoid the exaggerated front, but I love wearing this updo. It is very reminiscent of the 60's era and it is a killer look with wide leg slacks!




2 Responses:

Would it be possible for you to post a how to for this style?


Would it be possible for you to post a "how to" for this style. I would really appreciate this.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments