Product Review: Aveda Done Made Me Mad!

Ok...I am going to stop with the Ebonics. But I had to emphasize how displeased I am with a certain product I just wasted $18 on.

Well a couple of weeks ago, I did a post on the Aveda Brilliant Humectant. Because it came highly recommended from my stylist friend, I went out to buy it. First, let me back up and emphasize, I am not a product junky. So I will only try a product if it is recommended or free because I don't believe in wasting my money or yours.

So in a nutshell, this product is overpriced Jam (in smaller container). If you ever used Jam you'll know that it lay your edges and fly aways down for a split second. It is heavy, greasy, and runs. I put a dab along my edges because I am wearing an updo. It has been only 3 hours and now my forehead, ears and neck is greasy. NEVER AGAIN!

2 Responses:

funny you say that about the aveda brilliant humectant pomade because i feel exactly the opposite and am writing about some aveda product trials on my blog.

i've used jam, but it was like 15 yrs ago. that was my pre-nappy era and i remember it pulling out my hair as i would would work it in for an up-do.

i don't think the pomade is greasy at all...and no, i don't work for aveda.


Oh I have that stuff too! It's horrible. Does nothing to "Define my curls" and I have to use so much to get any shine at all. DONT BUY IT! Way over priced


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments