You Asked...UrbanCurlz Answers

Q. "I Love my curly hair but I need some serious help!!! I live in very cold dry weather for 6 months out of the year and I don't trust anyone in my hair as far a getting it cut..I have not cut my hair in 4 years. Do you have any suggestions on some inexpensive hair care? You probably get a millions of these questions a day. Sorry. "

A. Like yourself, I am very uneasy about cutting my hair. So I understand your apprehension about going to a salon. However, if you are looking to cut your hair, I recommend visiting a salon in your area that specializes in curly hair. Always ask if they have pictures of previous work, and on the first trip, ask for a conservative trim. Also ask a lot of questions. This will allow you to get a feel of the stylist's level of expertise.

As for moisture,
Mixed Chicks Leave-in, Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream, or my uber moisturizer Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme comes highly recommended. *A note about Miss Jessie's Buttercreme-the larger sized creme is a little on the expensive side, but it can be great for the added moisture during the driest times of the year. Additionally, avid curlies recommend the baggy method to ultimate moisture...check out my blog for more info.

Also, don't forget your 8-10 glasses of water-dry hair is a sign that you may not be taking in enough water.

Thanks for the questions...I love them ~UrbanCurlz
0 Responses:

Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments