My Straightening Experience: The Hana Elite

So ever since I blew my hair straight a few weeks ago...I've had the itch to flat iron. For one to compare the flat iron against my H2Pro Nano blow dryer but also just because I was yearning to try something new. Immediately after getting the Hana Elite, I ran upstairs and started my weekly regime. I co-washed with Organix Coconut Milk, sectioned, blow dried on the cool setting (no heat), then flat ironed away (on low setting). I use low settings because I don't like to use a lot of heat because I don't like my hair bone straight (it's just a preference).

So after blow drying and flat ironing each 1" section, I was very impressed with the results. My hair was silky straight and flowing. What do you think?


Now let me tell you about this ceramic flat iron because it is the Mecca of flat irons. It is the only 100% Solid Ceramic Flat Iron in the world. If you want to read up on the benefits of ceramic technology-click here. The Hana is sleek, thin, and comes with some of the coolest accessories--a tin storage can, cooling mat so you won't burn your counters, and a nice storage bag. But most of all, I was impressed with the performance.


The
Hana Elite is designed for all hair types and can straighten damp to dry hair. Although, the temperature ranges 450 degrees (I'm sure this is what the Dominican salons use), I set the temp to 250 degrees. The plates glided through my hair very smoothly, with no tugging, no hair left behind. I can only imagine how straight I would have gotten it on 350-400 degrees. My hair is fairly thin, so I use lower settings. The thicker your hair, the higher the settings you can use. As you can see my hair got really straight on a very low setting.

As far as which method performs the best-the blow dry vs. the flat iron-I think it comes down to personal preference. However, the flat iron has a small edge over the blow dryer-it provides a smoother finish because you can create flips, swirls, etc.

What is your preference-the dryer or the flat iron?

Read more about the Hana Elite...
6 Responses:

I loooooove flat irons! But I always use the highest heat b/c I like having bone straight hair. Your hair looks great and it has a lovely sheen.


The hair came out GREAT...hmmm I have to one day have a hair day at home and do my hair instead of going to salon. I own a Sedu Flat Iron but its like 3 yrs old so I'm trying to get a new one - just dont' know which one...there are so many options!

Your comment on the dominicanas using the 450 degree setting was funny but you right LOL.

Thx for post.


It's not the only 100% ceramic flat iron in the world. I looked at the HANA website and the FHI flat iron is also 100% ceramic.

Anyway, I don't mind the over-sight. I want you to know that i think your blog is wonderful. I enjoy reading your blog for tips, techniques, and insight about managing my natural hair. Keep making us curly, wavy, and kinky haired girls proud.

BTW - your hair looked amazing. Keep up all the good work.


UC, ur hair looks great! I agree with Wes, it has alot of sheen!!! I havent straightened my hair is a minute. I have a CHI and a Phoebe however u making me want to try this one out. :D


Your hair looks awesome! But the price of this iron is outrageous. Could you recommend a less expensive alternative?


I am really on the fence about buying this flat iron. Thanks so much for recommending it. The only thing holding me back is the price. I keep looking at the Professional version which is on $89 vs $189.99. Did you try the Professionalbefore you bought the Elite. Not to mention that I also want the H2 Nano blow dryer. TIA


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments