5 Things You Must Do Now If You Want Long Hair....

Tags:

Apply Moisturizer
Black hair, curly hair, etc is prone to dryness so adding moisture on a regular basis is imperative.

Low Manipulation
Avoid excessive use of styling tools like brushes, combs, harsh hairstyling. The old myth about giving your hair 100 brush strokes-that's a no no. These all can cause breakage.

Use Heat Sparingly
Heat is actually the enemy to our hair. Blow dryers, flat irons, and curlers damage the hair by drying it out. When possible air dry the hair. When absolutely necessary use heat no more than every couple of weeks.

Avoid Trimming Ends
Only trim split ends when necessary, this is referred to as dusting. Dusting removes 1/8-1/4 inch of hair. This should be done no more than every 8 to 10 weeks, if you want to see growth.

Protect Your Hair
At night loose hair moves about as you sleep putting stress on your hair, drying it out, and causing split ends, so it is important to protect the hair by sleeping on a silk/satin pillow. Or you can wrap your hair in a silk/satin bonnet or scarf.
2 Responses:

One thing that I find helps the hair to grow is vitamins and protien. No one particular brand of vitamins, but one that include beta carotene, folic acid, B6. I also drink lots of water.


I do all of these things! Yes! In the past I coloured my hair, and as a teenager I applied heat several times a week. I let my relaxed hair dry out and used oil moisturizers full of mineral oil. I also used hairsprays with alcohol. I was so terrible to my hair. I'm never going to do those things again.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments