How About Michelle Obama?


Michelle Obama! Michelle Obama gave a very stunning, inspiring, uplifting....speech last night at the Democratic Convention! The speech literally had me standing on my bed with my hands in the air screaming YES! She flawlessly painted the picture of her life struggles and triumphs. And effortlessly demonstrated to the world, that she and Barack are just like everyone else. I was left so motivated and uplifted-not only for myself but my children and my people as a whole. If you missed this speech, the following is a transcript- I encourage you to read it or watch it on Youtube.

I would be remissed if I did not mention, how fabulous her hair looked last night. Go Michelle!
"
As you might imagine, for Barack, running for president is nothing compared to that first game of basketball with my brother, Craig. I can't tell you how much it means to have Craig and my mom here tonight. Like Craig, I can feel my dad looking down on us, just as I've felt his presence in every grace-filled moment of my life.
And at six-foot-six, I've often felt like Craig was looking down on me, too, literally. But the truth is, both when we were kids and today, Craig wasn't looking down on me; he was watching over me. And he has been there for me...

(APPLAUSE)

... every step of the way since that clear day, February, 19 months ago, when, with little more than our faith in each other and a hunger for change, we joined my husband, Barack Obama, on the improbable journey that has led us to this moment.
But each of us comes here also by way of our own improbable journey.
I come here tonight as a sister, blessed with a brother who is my mentor, my protector, and my lifelong friend. And I come here as a wife who loves my husband and believes he will be an extraordinary president.

(APPLAUSE)

And I come here as a mom, as a mom whose girls are the heart of my heart and the center of my world. They're the first things I think about when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I think about before I go to bed at night. Their future -- and all our children's future -- is my stake in this election.

And I come here as a daughter, raised on the South Side of Chicago...
" Read More.
0 Responses:

Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments