Letter's To Urbancurlz: To Trim Or Not To Trim


"Hey! I love your blog it keeps me so informed.....so I need some help! I am growing out my relaxer and I don't want to do the big chop. I am braiding my hair up in extension, so I am getting it re-done and I was wondering if I should get some of the hair clipped and what is the best moisturizer when your hair is braided up? Thanks!"

Transitioning is a time that requires a lot of patience and dedication. Many of us do not want to do a "BC" right away because the aftermath can be a little overwhelming if you're not prepared. My teen daughter had this same experience a little over a year when she started growing her hair. So although I was very worried about her working with two different textures, I recommended that she wore her hair in braided styles. In between braids, she trimmed a few inches off until all of the relaxer was gone. So this method worked perfectly for her and I am sure it will also work for you. As a matter of fact, I recommend it because with the right care, it is possible contrary to popular belief.

My tip is to keep the hair conditioned and the use of protein will also keep your hair strong and healthy during this time. As for moisturizers, I am a fan of Shea Butter, Crisco (yes, the shortening) and I swear by Miss Jessie's Curly Butter Creme. However, there are an array of moisturizing options out there. Good Luck!
0 Responses:

Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments