Shingling: It does Work!

About a month ago, I had one of those great ah-ha moments while attempting the Curlisto method on my hair. After years of twist outs, braid outs, wash and go's-it was time for a change. For those of you who may not be familiar, the Curlisto Method is a styling method for curly hair designed to deliver looser more defined curls. So on my quest to to get looser curls through this method, I decided to take a few detours. Matter of fact, I go lost and found myself Shingling.

Shingling, developed by the Miss Jessie's Sisters is a method very similar to the Curlisto, but this method recommends smoothing small sections of hair to elongate the curl. Contrary, the Curlisto method which instructs you to shake the curls loose to define each curl. Well, in the past few times that I tried the Curlisto, the results were just okay. I also could not get second day hair, but I was determined to perfect it. So this is what prompted me to just smooth the curl in a downward direction avoiding the shaking and separating. I layered each 1' section all throughout my head. Set under the dryer for about 1 hour (diffuse if you like). I then blasted the hair with the blow dryer to elongate the curl. AH-HA! My curls were defined, elongated, PERFECT. I started doing a celebratory dance, then after settling down, I realized that I just successfully Shingled my hair.
2 Responses:

Girrrrl you need to start posting pics of the final results!


I know...I'm just not a picture person, so it is hard for me to keep up with snapping pictures. I will try to do better. I have a couple of models now, so I will try to post more pictures in the near future.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments