In Case You Didn't Know...

Tags: ,

Over the weekend, I found another great use for EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)-It's an awesome detangler. We know that EVOO is great way to add moisture, especially during these dry, winter months. It's also a great pre-shampoo or deep conditioner. However, I never realized how great of a detangler it is until I was working on my girls' hair this weekend.


I always dread the detangling process because one has very long curly and tangled hair, the other has extremely thick, thick, thick hair, and the little one has very curly hair as well. The detangling process in my household is known as the torture zone. But it was different this weekend. No to be honest, there was no real detangling process on none of the girls' hair-my finger's just glided through the hair so easily. So for the first time I was able to really skip the brush and finger detangle the girls' hair. Which is a miracle!


I really did not do anything special. I just added a generous amount of EVOO to my Organix Shea Butter Conditioner, covered with cap, and deep conditioned for 20 minutes. Rinse wit warm water and your done. Try and let me know how it works.
8 Responses:

I do this every time I deep condition and it works like a charm


I am definitely going to do this when I take my weave out next week. Oooh, I'm so excited and anxious to be able to touch my own hair again.


ooohh! I'm going to try this tonight!!


Organix Shea Butter Conditioner rocks! I used EVOO once as a DC and it worked okay, I guess. I like coconut oil better as a DC. Maybe I'll try next time I detangle.


I have to try this this weekend you thanks


I have tried crisco and love it, I leave it in my hair overnight and condition out in the morning. I was looking long and hard for something to give my hair some shine if I do not wash everyday. This morning I got up and used my fingers to fluff out my hair and used a small bit of olive oil and wow it looks amazing. Really shiny and soft. Keep up the good work with this blog, I read everyday and love it.


i just revisted EVOO & made a butter/ balm ( I added btms for added Slip) and its wonderful!.. something about that oilve oil coats the strands & helps them glid across one another v/ knotting the hell up.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments