What Is Your Combination?

Tags:
Since the weather has changed, I've realized that I needed to change my routine. All summer long, I've been able to get away with skimming on moisturizer. But as the cold, dry weather has emerged, my curls have become so parched that they sound crunchy and look dry. And as I've discussed in earlier posts, I've been trying the EVOO, Honey EVOO, Deep Conditioning-and my hair is still dry. So that made me reflect on the happier hair days to figure out what I was doing at that time. Light bulb moment, It's a was a combination!

A combination of products that meshed perfectly to create harmony and balance in my hair. It's not one miracle product, but a mix of these creams and oils that creates this moisture paradise. I realized this after using one or more of the products at different time, but not quite getting the results I desired. So it wasn't until I tried all three tonight that I realized that it was the combination! Here's my combination:

Organix Shea Butter or Mocha Espresso Co-wash
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner
Crisco

Voila...my curls are shiny, moisturized and defined. Now, this is just my combination that works for my hair. I recommend that you find your product combination that fits your needs. If you already have a power combo, please share...
7 Responses:

I have extremely dry hair and I am currently using the organix cocnut milk conditioner as a cowash, oyin honey hemp conditoner as a leave in (their products are great!) the organix coconut serum , and oyin's juices and berries mositurzing spray...so far my hair has been thriving, hopefully it'll last as the weather gets more frigid


I used IC Fantasia Gel and Daily Shine, and ORS Carrot Oil every night.


Biolage moisturing conditioner, shea butter, coconut oil (or olive oil), peppermint oil, and water. It works wonders for my hair.


i was about to suggest olive oil and honey before shampooing but then scrolled down and realized you're ahead of the game :)


I think I've found my combination...at least I hope so! I use DevaCurl No-poo and use DevaCurl One Condition Conditioner mixed with olive oil for a leave in. I get beautifully defined curls and the much needed moisture.


I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration for co-wash, Jane Carter Solution Leave In Conditioner & Shea Butter or Crisco


I'm using Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, BioInfusion Hydrating Conditioner (Walgreens' Biolage knockoff..works the same for a fraction of the price), aloe vera gel/glycerin/peppermint oil spritz, and either Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme (when funds permit) or Elasta QP Mango Butter.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments