A Little Known Fact

Tonight, I bumped into my stylist at Target and she complimented my hair-in particular how well moisturized it looked. Because I still don't know how to accept a compliment, I began to state that my hair was over three days old. I have been doing household projects all weekend and haven't styled my hair since Thursday. So in my mind, it was a royal mess. But when I took at look at it when I returned home, I realized that it still look amazingly well for third day hair. So I immediately took note of what I've been doing to it. Then I had an "Ah ha moment"- it was the moisture!

Did you know that adequate amounts of moisture will allow your hairstyle to last longer. I recently started re-using (word?) Miss Jessie's Buttercreme after taking a long break to sample other products. One thing I noticed while on hiatus from the Buttercreme that my styles did not last a long. It was harder to achieve second and third day hair, but now that my hair is properly moisturized, my curls are still popping. I am working on day four...and still counting. So if you're experiencing difficulty with getting styles to last...check your moisture level.
4 Responses:

YES! Miss Jessie's Buttercreme has allowed me to go as long as a whole week. As long as I put on a bonnet at night and put some buttercreme in during my finger styling in the morning. I usually don't even have to re-twist my hair at night.


very good tip! I just did a twist out on co-washed hair. I moistured it and sealed it, I've been using this cream and my twist outs last so long. But I didn't know moisture was the reason


The same thing happened to me recently! I cond. washed my hair with ORS Olive Oil Conditioner, then applied a homemade mix of shea butter and olive oil to my hair. I braided my damp hair into 4 braids, and the next morning took them out. I have been wearing that braidout for 3 days now, and the only thing I have done is tie my hair with a satin scarf at night and fluff in the morning...my hair still looks great!


This is VERY true! I am wearing two strand twists now and they started to look frizzy after day two. I don't like to moisturize them because that only creates more frizz, but because it was cold outside I went ahead. My hair isntantly looked soft, supple, and hydrated. It went from frizzy and dull, to defined with sheen. My twists never last more than a few days without looking 'old', but for the first time, they look refreshed at the end of the week. Moisture is truly the key!


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments