A UC Product Review: Stretch Silkening Creme

So I received my MissJessie's "BOGO" package on this past Wednesday. I ordered two Baby Buttercremes, Curly Pudding and Stretch Silkening Creme. I was so eager to try the Stretch Silkening that I immediately jumped in the shower and went to work on the hair. The first thing I noticed upon opening the jar was the pleasant flowery smell. Then, as I began to apply the product section by section, I immediately noticed that the product was doing exactly what it promises to do-stretch. I allowed the hair to air dry which took about 8 hours. After it dried, I really did not need to apply heat to stretch the hair out any more because the product prevented my hair from shrinking like it normally does. So I definitely give this product a thumbs up.

A few things that I will mention-A little goes a long way, so I wouldn't recommend using too much product or it may flake. Also, I don't recommend this product for type 4b-c hair because I tried it on my friend's hair and it was not as effective. Unfortunately, it flaked and did not provide the results she was expecting. :(
12 Responses:

Thanks for getting me all excited then dashing my hopes like a ton of bricks. I guess this one isnt' for me...


LOL. I'm sorry, but keep in mind that every product is not for EVERY hair type. My search will continue for the 4's until I find that product.


I've been wanting to try it, but I'm not sure due to the multi textures of my hair (3c,4a, patches of 4b). Part of my hair will look like stretch curls while the other will look like cotton candy curls.


I bought 2 baby buttercreme's with my BOGO, but I got a 2 oz. jar of this with my sample set. Can't wait to try it! It's amazing how products make a difference when you really learn how to use them!


I've heard wonderful things about the kinky-curly hair products. The "kinkly curly curling custard" is supposed to be formulated for thick, curly, coily hair (4b). I plan to try it after Christmas. Although, I don't know if it is ideal for the winter weather though. Hope that helps anyone out there.


OMG! YES! You HAVE to try Kinky Curly's Curling pudding...I'm sorry but it puts Miss Jessies Curly pudding to shame. It smells great, it's geared more towards the 4 hair types (I'm a mixture of 3c and 4a), and it's all organic. If you're looking for curl elongation great curl definition then I suggest you try it. You can buy it at www.kinky-curly.com or www.curlmart.com. It's cheaper than Miss Jessies and a little goes a long way!


Prudence- yeah I'm with you on that. I guess I can buy the creme for my little one. SHe will get some good use out of it.


I've tried Miss Jessies, Kinky Curly custard but I'm still on the look out for something better. My curls just aren't doing it for me lately.


I'm interested in seeing the results when are you going to post pictures?


UC @ Naturally Beautiful

Coming very soon...please stay tuned.


Miss Jessie's products make my skin break out in a rash and pimples which is a shame because their products worked very nicely with my hair. Ah well.


I just stumbled on this site and thought I'd offer my 2 cents lol.

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding really works for me and so does their Buttercreme. My kinks and curls are very elongated and moist for a solid week, sometimes I get almost 2 wks out of it.

I just ordered the Stretch Silkening, so I've never used it.

FYI- I am a combo of 4a,4b,3c (in that order) lol.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments