Dictionary Tuesday

Tags:




Sulfates \sul-fates\ noun

A chemical compound found in shampoo to cause foam and increase the lather. For many years, we have defined foam as a great sign of cleansing. But did you know that this ingredient can also strip the hair of natural oils, dry the scalp, cause split ends and instigate hair loss?

How to spot a shampoo that contain sulfates? Read the labels. Look for ingredients such as Sodium Laureth Sulphate , Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Ammonium Lareth Sulphate and Myreth Sulphate.

Here's a mini-list of Sulfate free shampoos:

DevaCurl Low-Poo
Organix
Miss Jessies Crème De La Curl Cleansing Crème
7 Responses:

My shampoo has no sulfate either, I use Carol's Daughter Tui Shampoo.


Aubrey Organics shampoos, CD's Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Karen's Body Beautiful shampoos do not contain any sulfates.


Shampoo bars are another great option for sulfate free washing. I use one by J.R. Ligett, and it leaves my hair clean and moisturized. I also sometimes use Dr. Bronners castille soap, usually diluted with water and a little oil added for extra moisture.


Wow, and all this time I thought that the Organix shampoo was just cheap and didn't lather well. Now I know!


Organix is the best, especially the conditioner. I love it.


Curls Curlicious Cleansing Cream is also sulfate free


And even more important is the fact that it causes cancer! Thanks for the list!!


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments