Having Fun Experimenting

Originally posted 03/09


I just wanted to share the results of one of my many flexi-rod styles. I usually use my flexr-rods on dry hair to create a curly fro. But a couple of weeks ago I decided to flexi-rod my hair without the traditional "twist-first" methods. And I loved the results.

Basically, I used the yellow flexi-rods. Instead of twisting the roots, I smoothed the roots and secured it with a duckbill clip and flexi-rodded the rest. I used this method to elongate the curl.

Honestly I didn't think it was going to work...but it did. The curls lasted about 3 days without the use of a bonnet.

For products, I used Cantu Shea Butter and sealed with Crisco. I set under the dryer for about and hour. Unraveled and was impressed. I will certainly have to rock this style again. What do you think?
11 Responses:

Uh-Uh-Oh. Cute. Cute. Cute.

You have texture that's very similar to my own, so I must try this. Where's the tutorial, mami?


I like! I wish I could get this look!


Luuuvvv your hair, the texture, everyting! J'aime beaucoup!!





http://timodelle.com

http://timodelleboutique.blogspot.com


I like it. It's very pretty.


Marvelous! I agree with Anonymous, a tutorial is definitely in order!


Thanks everyone for the kind remarks...I will certainly post the steps and pictures.


Love this...I'm just realizing that I had a couple of flexi-rods sets that are still in the packaging waiting to be tried on my hair...I have the blue (9/16 diameter) and organge (5/8). I'm going to try it on my wet hair and see what comes from it...I don't have a dryer...so air-dry+setting lotion is the only option for right now...


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments