Worth A Try? Oyin Juices and Berries

Tags:
Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries $11.00

I was talking with my stylist friends the other day, who by the way--is transitioning to natural curly (whoo hoo). She was asking me if I have ever used a product called Juices & Berries. She said it was recommended to her and she's been using it for about a month and loves it. I personally have never tried it and to be honest the first thing that came to mind was the scene in Coming to America where Eddie Murphy said he uses juices and berries. Too funny.

So I decided to do a little footwork to see what others where saying about J & B:


"The therapeutic effects are the same as for Greg Juice - spring water, strongly infused with a variety of herbs known to help stimulate the scalp and encourage hair growth; vegetable ingredients for detangling, moisture and suppleness; vegetable glycerine for humectancy and shine; and an essential oil blend nutritious to the scalp." Oyin Handmade Site


"The smell is amazing and long-lasting. What turned me on to it is the fact that it is oil free. Most of the products I put in my hair (wet or dry) have some type of oil. As long as I have some glycerin in my products, I'm great! I find that Juices & Berries works well on my dry hair as it doesn't seem to do much for my wet hair. It is a great refresher and seems to wake my hair up when it becomes dull and I start to loose some of my curl..."
Clumps of Mascara (this site is awesome, definitely have to bookmark it)


"Starburst candy scented hair product smells amazing. It combines organic aloe, orange oil, chamomile and other ingredients to form this light weight liquid moisturizer. After spraying it on my hair, it felt so soft. "
Product Junkie Diva

Do you have any experience with J&B or any other Oyin Products? If so, give us your thoughts?
16 Responses:

I actually tried it, and while I did love the smell and the fact that it worked well on my hair, I wouldnt buy it again, just because its like $11/ bottle, and you have to pay shipping, just for me to run out less than a month later (I wear my hair in a twa and I basically have to spritz my hair every morning to fluff it up, and when i get home from work to wake it up a little). Maybe if there were a store I could walk to and buy it from, I would do it again, but you can pretty much whip something similar up yourself.


CurlyNikki swears by this stuff. They just opened a retail store in Baltimore that I'm checking out this weekend.


Actually I am waiting to get this in the mail right now! I ordered it about 2 weeks ago so it should be here any day now! :)


It is worth a try. I like Greg Juice - the same thing but with a citrus smell. It works like Sta Sof Fro to me. Be aware that it takes 3 weeks to arrive though.


I haven't tried it, but I really want too... I just wish I could get it from a store though and not online (I hate ordering online!)


I have it but the jury's still out on whether I like it or not. I think I prefer a more creamy leave-in.


I just ordered the full-sized version of this product and am impressed so far. It keeps your hair moisturized without leaving a greasy feel. I did a short review on the sample I received. Oyin's Honey Hemp Conditioner is one of the best detanglers I have ever used. I'm always raving about it.


I thought I was the only one who thought about that Coming to America scene! lol


everyone i know whose tried oyin products says they're dope... i'm about to order some oyin greg juice myself...


I LOVE this stuff! Their Honey Hemp conditioner is really good too. I use it as a leave in though to combat humidity during the summer and it makes my curls very manageable.


i would die without oyin.
honey hemp conditioner + juices & berries = obedient hair.
it makes hair really soft but not greasy or oily.


I also love it. The Juices and Berries and Whipped Butter are my Oyin favorites.

With the Juices and Berries a little does go a long way. I agree with it making hair really soft and not greasy as well.


I use it to moisturize my twists; love it!!! Try it with Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Butter for twists, you won't be disappointed. :)


I've been an Oyin customer for roughly 3 years! I use: Juices and Berries, Greg Juice, Poo Bar, Burnt sugar pomade, and Honey Hemp conditioner. Yes, the wait can be a bit long, but I love the results I get. I wish there was a Oyin retail location nearer me!! Here's a hint: to make the J and B and GJ last longer, thin it w/distilled water...'to taste'. Then it will last a bit longer.


I've had Greg Juice for the longest but I didn't know when to use it or how to use it I should say. Then I started to use it after the shower when my hair was soaking wet and I noticed that I have more curl, shine, and less shinkage. I use it (now) Quite a bit so I'm almost done, I plan on buying the Juice and Berries next..it's that long shipment that can be annoying but it's a good product!


I love the smell. I found myself spraying it into my hair for no reason at all but the aroma. I use it with an oil or butter on my ends.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments