Hellllloo Hydration


So after rocking my hair straight for almost a month, I decided to go curly again last week. I shampooed and conditioned my hair as normal and like usual (after straightening), my curl pattern was all over the place. So I wasn't alarmed as this is normal the first few days after reverting back to curly. It takes a couple of days of coaxing the curls to get them how you want them. But what alarmed me is that none of my staple products worked. The first day, I decided to go heavy and try Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. This was too crunchy, so my hair looked hard. The second day, my Crisco and gel-too heavy. On Saturday, I went product free. I looked like a troll. On Sunday, setting lotion with Crisco sealed ends-disaster again. Long sigh....I was frustrated to the maximum.

So, I ran out to Walmart around 8 pm last night to find something-ANYTHING that will help restore my curl pattern without weighing it down. The first thing I saw when I walked into the beauty aisle was Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner. I remembered reading about it on Spiced Honey's site a couple of months ago, so I decided to pick it up along with my normal Organix conditioner.

I co-washed my hair and immediately liked that it wasn't too heavy. I rinsed it only half way out. I then proceeded to finger style my hair and dry with a diffuser. All I can say is...Hellllo Hydration. This stuff really does the job for wash and go's and is my official product of the moment. Here are my results:

Hope you guys likey. I'm trying to hold up to my promise to show more photos of my hair. :)

30 Responses:

Hot. I love HH and have been using it for a while. Btw, your hair remind me of Syesha Mercado's.


I agree with Anyonymous, your hair style does resemble Syesha's.

I think it's fab. It did you very well! Look forward to seeing more photos!


I think your hair looks great, I was a fan of Hello Hydration, until I tried HE Totally Twisted, for curly hair, it's great, you should try that one too, my curls pop sooooo much more with that one.


You can't see my mouth wide open but this is HOT! HOT! HOT!

Did I say that this is HOT! Hello Hydration may be joining my growing collection of hair products for the curly girl!!


great pic! and your hair looks so soft. gotta love hello hydration, great results every time and it smells amazing!


Very pretty!! Yes, I've been using HH, also and was pleasantly suprised with the results.
Ditto on the Syesha M. look comments.


Your hair looks fab! I have been using HH for awhile and I really like it! Thanks for posting a picture!


Me likey. :)


Your hair is FLY!!!! Love the black and white. I am also a fan of Hello Hydration. Good Job. I wish my wash and go's came out like that. My hair usually says wash and hell no.


My curls want to be like yours when they grow up! lol


i luv it! u look really cute too lol. it looks like a model pic
-urbankittykats.com


Your hair looks great !!!!!
I have to try the hello hydration conditioner.


Your hair looks so fly!

I like Hello Hydration...but my boo is HH Totally Twisted...I love it.
I do the conditioner only with the totally twisted and love it.


Gorgeous!!!! HH is def one of my staples.


Very nice, I was curious to see how your bangs were going to fit into the mix and the blend perfectly. I think I might go ahead with cutting some bangs too.


I have used it and looove it. Smells so damn good and made my hair soft!


your hair is GORGEOUS! Now, this I love...(eva's bangs can go).


Thanks guys for the lovely comments.


QUICK QUESTION...DO YOU THINK THE 2 IN 1 SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER FROM HERBAL ESSENCE/HELLO HYDRATION IS JUST AS GOOD TO USE ON HAIR? ALSO DO YOU HAVE AN ARTICLE ON HOW I CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT HAIR TYPE I AM? LIKE 4A,B,C,D? I KNOW, I KNOW... YOU CAN REACH ME AT ROOTEDJ@TMO.BLACKBERRY.NET

THANK YOU! NUMBER 1 READER;)


Gorgeous! Got me thinking that I need to try it, too (especially since joining the ranks of the under/unemployed)!


A definite will try. Love your hair!


I totally love your hair, what would you say your hair is 4a, 4b or 4c? Please let me know as I am trying to figure out what my hair is. I am not sure what products to use and do not want to go overboard and be a product junkie. Im willing to try the HH still.


@Lady-D

Try Naturally Curly's list because it comes with recommended products. However, you are just going to have to find the right product and/or combination that works for your hair type. And it's ever changing. Take my hair for example, for years Miss Jessies was my staple, now I am finding that is too heavy for my hair. But, this is a good place to start. Btw, I cheked out your pictures on your blog and it looks like your texture can be anywhere from the 3c family to 4a. But I will have to see it wet...

Anyway, don't spend a fortune on products because I found that the cheapest stuff provided the best results. Take HH for example...$5 Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types


You got me saying "hellllo Hydration" too. running out to get mine tonight.


your hair looks great. i might try hello hydration!

i've been stuck on cheap suave, tresemme, and trader joes for THE LONGEST!


This is the best conditioner a may have ever used..and to think I almost didn't use it because it was made by herbal essence. And what else makes it the best...in CT, where I'm from, it's only $3 at Wal-Mart :)


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments