Did You Know? Curlz In A Blast



Did you know that you can use a warm temperature blow dryer to set your curlz in 10 minutes? No need to attach the nozzle, diffuser or sit under the dryer for an hour--just apply product as usual to set the hair and turn the dryer on high but choose the warm setting. Blow curls without touching the hair in the direction you want to style it. The result is elongated, full bodied hair in a blast. Try it.

I learned this last week by a fluke when I was in a rush to go to work. I've been doing it since. But I caution, it can become additive. I haven't set my hair the traditional way since.
7 Responses:

Great minds must think alike! I tried this last week because I was in a hurry too only my setting was on high. It blew my curls all over the place, but they were elongated, curly, and I had a wild style that I loved! I'll try the low setting next time.


Do you think that this may be better for ends than air drying? I really love the way my hair looks if I "wash-n-go" but it takes a toll on my ends - they look more scraggly after all the wash-n-go's in comparison to when I used to do twist-outs.


I agree about the ends for wash and go hair. I will try blowing out without the diffuser on warm tomorrow and let you all know how it turned out.

Thanks for the tip.


I usually set my hair in fat twists each night and take them out in the morning. What I've started doing is this:
- take a twist out without separating the pieces
- use my hand to pull the two pieces down (or out)
- while holding them, hit them with a warm blow dryer for about 10 seconds
I do this all over my head and then I separate and fluff. I have super-shrinky hair and I've found this is a great way to get curl/wave elongation and size. I'm nervous about doing it every day, though.


Is it okay to do everyday? I really want to try it!


Hi Asia,

How cute, my name is India. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend doing this everyday. It's simply a quick fix for days when you're in a rush and don't have time to allow your hair to dry overnight


Hi Asia,

How cute, my name is India. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend doing this everyday. It's simply a quick fix for days when you're in a rush and don't have time to allow your hair to dry overnight


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments