Bronner Brother's Experience


Article by Eutopia Johnson

Any lover of hair and fashion should make their way to a hair show. I had the pleasure of going to the Bonner Brothers Hair Show. The hair show was an explosion of colors and textures. There were seminars, competitions and exhibitions of hair everywhere. Here’s a little bit from my experience.

As a curly gurl and a product junkie, I was excited about learning about new products to buy at these great deals I’d heard about. I must admit, I was disappointed in the representation of products that cater to curly, kinky natural ladies. I had the pleasure of meeting Jane Carter. She is soo very sweet and she shared what she knew. She was patient and asked me what I wanted and told me how her products can give it to me. AWESOME!!!! And the deals…. Sweeeeet.

http://www.blogger.com/www.janecartersolutions.com

Taliah Waajid was there as well. Again, they were all very nice and informative people. Honestly,
I didn’t use their products before the hair show. I thought they catered mostly to locs. I was wrong, a representative worked me over with their leave-in conditioner right there on the floor (lovely) while another showed how their lock it up is also a great twisting gel. They were very generous with the samples too : )

http://www.naturalhair.com/

I’d never heard of HydroVeil before but their products are designed to restore hair breakage and promote growth. I was loving their 4 oz sample jars so I thought I’d shout them out.

http://www.blogger.com/www.hydroveil-usa.com

Not everything was euphoric, I was in lace front weave hell! OMG, if I saw one more lace front weave I was going to scream. I’m pretty sure I saw every color weave known to man and them some. I’m sure most of them were just for the hair show. One thing is for sure, you can’t let the hair wear you, you have to wear the hair. Confidence will definitely make a hair style.

I checked out the fantasy competition and the hair battle. The Hair Battle Royale was crazy. It’s a fashion show and hair battle all mixed in one. Chris Rock, Nia Long and Frankie (Keyshia’s mama) presented the prize to the winners (yes it was a tie) Kevin Kirk and James Gadsen. Even though I think Muffin got jacked! Atlanta’s own Dewight was one of the celebrity judges.

At the BB Hair show I had the opportunity to mix and mingle with some of the hottest stylists in the industry. There were products galore and the deals were insane. You more than make up for your admission costs with deals. It is four days of hair, skin and make up with classes on everything from how to cut, color and style hair to improving your credit, networking skills and building your own business empire. There’s a cruise coming up… hmmmm.


Eutopia Johnson is a contributor for UrbanCurlz and self-professed product junkie.
1 Responses:

The PZI girls were looking fierce with the afros.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments