NYC: Afro Fest 2009




Many of you may not know but I hail from NYC. This is my birthplace and one of the places I call home. And I recently went there after 5 LONG years to spend labor day with my family. While I was there, I did take the time to observe the array of fly hair trends that I saw. And boy, did I see a lot. However, I did not take any pictures because my mind was on family-sometimes that has to supercedes work.

But, I was talking to a cousin who put me down with the Afro-Punk Festival in Brooklyn and told me that I should try to make it to the next one. So I immediately went home and took a look at the website to learn more about it. The festival which goes down in none other than Brooklyn is a celebration of afro-punk music, film and skate. Where else could you find such an eclectic mix of beautiful and influential flavor? I thought I'd share some photos I found on their site. This is why I love NY. And next time I visit, I promise to take pictures of the hair because if there is inspiration anywhere in the world, NY is the place. I love it.
>Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Have you been to the Afro-Punk's festival? If so please share and check out there site Afro-Punk.com




2 Responses:

if you go to "le coil" you can see alot of her picks from this event


Really! I haven't checked out LeCoil in a while. Thanks for the info.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments