I ♥ This Stuff


I started using this stuff by pure accident a couple of days ago. I had it for about 6 months but never used it. But oned day, it was open on the counter in my teen daughter's room and I dabbed a little on my hair to smooth a flyaway. Immediately, I was captivated by the texture and feel. So one night after co-washing, I decided to set my hair with it and was was very impressed with the results. So don't be fooled by the name, I am sure it is meant to prevent breakage, but it can also double as a style product/moisturizer. Here's a camera phone shot of my hair the next day...sorry it's grainy.



According to Cantu's web site, Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment helps…
•strengthens fragile, weak and brittle hair to stop breakage
•moisturize dry brittle hair with deep penetrating oil and emollients
•protect hair against heat and styling damage

Directions for:

•Daily Styling – massage into hair beginning at the roots and working towards the ends. For deeper penetration, leave covered under a plastic cap overnight.

•Daily Protection – apply before brushing, styling, drying, or setting to form a thermal protection barrier around your hair.

•Pre/Post Chemical Treatment – apply 3 days prior and 3 days after relaxing or coloring your hair.


post signature

11 Responses:

I love this product! I always use it for my twist outs, or wavy/bantu knot outs. A little definitely goes a long way, it always leaves my hair soft and bouncy.


How is it after a few days? I have found Cantu products to create a build up after a couple days (but that was in the summer months)... My curl would still be there, and I could achieve third day hair, but the build up is insane and I would have to co-wash prematurely. I used about two quarter sizes of the leave-in for my entire wet head. I dunno... Maybe I'll try this on my winter hair...


I had the same experience with the Cantu Shea Butter Leave in, so I left it alone. haha, no pun intended.

But so far, this is working better. Maybe because I don't use as much to set my hair. I just coat each section of my hair with it instead of using dollops like the Leave In.

I'm on day three and my hair still feels very light and moisturized. However, I don't think I am gonna make it to day 4.


Yes, I agree! They are great! I have used them since I began transisitiong up through my big chop!I also used the conditioner, no drip oil and leave in conditioner.


If you love that, you'll really love the leave-in conditioner. With my hair-moisture issues, it's the only conditioner I've had so far that hydrates my hair and leaves it soft all day.


I may pick it up. I've been side eying this product for nearly two years now lol. May just do a snatch and purchase so I don't think about it lol.

BTW your curls are poppin!


i LOVE LOVE LOVE all of Cantu's products and this one happens to be my favorite!


I had a problem with the leave in. I would get a lot of little white balls in my hair from it. It didn't matter if my hair was wet or dry. I even tried to deep condition with it. Still got the balls.

I would be interested in using this. Maybe I was using too much before?


Yes I love their products also. Especially this one. I had the same issues with the leave in (leaving white balls in my hair), but what I found is that the leave in doesn't mix well with other products. It only works well if used by its lonesome


I love this product, the white stuff do appear every now and then when I use it, but it must be that I have other stuff in my hair. I will not stop using it ever. I just wish I can get it in Toronto, Canada, I search high and low and nothing. Can someone tell me where to get it on Canada? tty Lady D


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments