Virgin Coconut Oil

Tags:
My mom in law brought me back this bottle of pure, virgin coconut oil from St. Lucia this weekend. I was so super excited because coconut oil is a great treatment, if not the best to protect and beautify hair and skin.

There are so many ways that you can use coconut oil on the hair. As a pre-wash conditioner, a deep conditioner, a hot oil treatment, or you can add a little to moisturizing routine for added moisture.

Last night, I used it as a a deep conditioner. Here's what I did:

I added a few tablespoons of the coconut oil to my regular conditioner. Wrapped my hair in a warm towel (a plastic bag can also be used). I allowed the oil to work into the hair for 30 minutes.

Today, my curls are moisturized and and soft. I Love it!

Btw, as you can see, the consistency varies with temperature. Since it's cold, it becomes more solid.

2 Responses:

I grew up with my mom using coconut oil in our head to clear our sinuses and for our hair.

I've used it on my babies' skin also. I only like the good pure one from home (St. Thomas, VI) not the fake stinky stuff. My mom knows how to make it so I've always had the authentic stuff. I need learn how to make it so I can have it all the time.


oooh I'm so jealous. let us know how it works out.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments