Question O'Day | Moisture

Does keeping dry hair moist make it grow longer?

This is really a yes and no question because while keeping dry hair moist can help hair growth-it doesn't make it grow faster. Follow me?

Our hair grows at the same rate of approximately 1/2 inch per month. But dry and moisture deprived hair is more apt to break therefore, preventing you from seeing maximum growth.

Well moisturized hair promotes growth by making strands more resistent to breakage and keeps your scalp healthier. Keep in mind, your hair grows through follicles on your scalp, so the healthier your scalp is, the stronger your hair will grow.

Other things that promotes hair growth are certain vitamins and scalp massages. Also, keep your hair away from heat sources such as curling irons and flat irons to avoid over-drying.
2 Responses:

I think this may be a typo, but hair doesn't grow at approximately 1 1/2 inches per month - I wish it did!! It grows at approximately 1/2 an inch per month. :)


That was a typo...my apologies. I have corrected it.


Search Urbancurlz


UrbanCurlz.com on Facebook

Recent Posts

Recent Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Recent Comments